[LRflex] R3 meter

  • From: "KEITH LONGMORE" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:32:25 +0100

Hi everyone!
My name's Keith Longmore; I live in Norfolk, England.  I have a
(ridiculously, according to my wife) large collection of cameras, including
quite a few spy and miniature cameras.  Two of the collection are Leica
Reflexes, an R-E, with macro lenses, and an R3.  I use the R-E, which is
immaculate, and get excellent results.  However, the R3's meter doesn't work
- absolutely dead -  (though the shutter is fine) and I was wondering if
anyone out there might have any comments or information?  I know it's much
the same as the Minolta XE-1 (my daughter had one, on which the shutter
failed, but it had a good meter, and I threw.it.away.!  That was pre-R3.).
Is it an expensive item to sort?

Cheers folks

Keith L