[LRflex] Re: R3 meter

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:25:02 +0100

Miha,

I think it may depend on what lense you are using - try the test again with a 90 or 135mm - if you have one. It should give you identical results.

Cheers
Douglas

Miha Golobic wrote:
Ok, we have a beautiful morning here with some fresh snow.
I made some readings with my R3 and the 90mm summicron and compared them to my Nikon FA. ISO set to 100, I pointed my R3 to the blue sky and fresh white snow. In integral reading my R3 gives f8 and 1/250. My FA in matrix mode agrees fully. But in selective (spot) mode the R3 gives f8 and 1/125. Do R4-R7 cameras react the same way? Any ideas? Thanks,
Miha
2009/2/17 Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>>

    Dear present & past R3 users,
can someone explain the logic behind the Leica R3MOT meter to me.
    In (very) bright light the meter reads about 1-2 EV more when used
    in integral mode. In dim light, like cloudy day, open shade or
    even under contrasty but dim interior lights the readings are
    identical in selective and integral mode.
I was reading grass, white walls, etc that were evenly lit. Thanks,
    Miha