[LRflex] Re: OT: Micro 4/3 , Leica R & M users, plus other goodies

  • From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:15:51 +0200

David Young wrote:

HI Philippe!

What astounds me is not that they're making more lenses... but that the M4/3rds is claiming 20% of the dSLR market (presumably, in Japan).

I was unsure about how to construe their sentence too - yet this was real news to me too

If true, that's an astounding market penetration in a very short time.... and will, in the end, ensure the survival of the 4/3rds sensor in the foreseeable future. Bodes well for the "full size" 4/3rds (the rumoured E4 & E5, etc.) cameras, as well.

Once bitten ...

I wonder if the "R" to M4/3rds adapter is Leica's long promised "solution"! ;-)

I have never been able to shoot on promises either ...
I'll be keeping the L1 for a while, try to get familiar with the new lenses, and then see what the Oly E3x Diesels can do for me.

Amitiés from the other side of the pond
Philippe