[LRflex] Re: OT: Micro 4/3 , Leica R & M users, plus other goodies

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 23:03:02 -0400 (EDT)

Charlie Falke wrote:

>Doug Herr wrote:
>> I've been printing the DMR's 10MP files at 12" x 18" (@300 dpi) with
>> fantastic results, so
>> I don't think the 14MP will be all that important for 11" x 14" prints.
>> I've even printed a
>> cropped file at 14" x 18", and considering the picture's size if it had not
>> been cropped, it
>> would have been 20" x 30" - and it still looks great!
>> Doug Herr
>
> Doug,
>   I'm curious how you do that.
>-- Charlie Falke

Re-size to desired print size with Photoshop (requires interpolation), slight
unsharp mask.  Nothing else.  At least one list member has seen the 11x14
Ferruginous Hawk print, it was interpolated up to that size.  The gallery owner
loves the detail and color in that print.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com