[LRflex] Re: Leicaflex meter

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 06:25:53 -0700

G'Mornin' Javier, Reg & all:

No need for such efforts.... The CDS cell has almost infinite resistance=
 when dark,  The more light strikes it, the lower it's resistance and the=
 more current it draws, thus moving the meter's needle.  Simple.

If you want it to be OFF, just make sure the lens cap is on, or it's in a=
 dark camera case.  Better yet... both!

Cheers!

David.

--------
On 29/09/2005 at 6:12 AM Javier Perez wrote:

>A lot of old meters running 1.35 volt mercury
>batteries didn't have on/off switches. I would just
>leave it in low light. But the best way IMHO is to
>remove the battery when the camera is stored. Put the
>battery in when you go outside.
>See Ya
>Javier
>
>--- Reg <rronaldson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Javier. What's the best way to prevent the
>> battery running down?
>> Apart from taking it out :-)
>>
>> Reg
>>
>> Javier Perez wrote: