[LRflex] Re: IMG: more Goldeneye ducks

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:58:17 -0800 (PST)

Hello Doug,
   I have an observation/query about the very cool images you regularly post on
the list. I'll comment specifically on the ones in the 'more goldeneye ducks'
post, but it's a line of thought I've had on a number of other images and posts
as well. When I hit an image's link, my first thought after seeing it load is
usually 'great capture of a moment in time', but my second is almost invariably
to wonder about what I perceive to be an overall harshness to the image which,
to my eye, is wreaking havoc with the aesthetic enjoyability of the posted
images. I come away with the distinct feeling these images have run afoul
(pardon the pun) of a scale down to internet  process run astray or have been
the victim of extreme over compression at a host site somewhere. To use a
movie-making analogy, I suspect these image's 'best scenes' ended up on the
'cutting room floor'. If I was these 'actors' agent, I'd be most upset with the
editors. :-)
   Maybe I'm just expecting to much of a jpeg of unremarkable pixel counts, but
I really have this strong sense there is a distinct difference between the
images you capture and process at home and the ones making it to our screens.
Of course, Maybe I'm being stupid, but I hope not gung-ho stooopid!
Sincerely
Richard W.

It's okay to be stupid just don't be gung-ho about it.
~â?¢~
Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
~â?¢~
Never Argue with an Idiot. They'll drag you down
to their level and beat you with experience.