[LRflex] Re: Digital Workflow - How Do You Cope?

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 19:03:49 +0100

David is absolutely right about Silkpix - at least for my L1.
Yet, I'm so lazy ...

Other - HD, floppy and DVD use the same encoding - the problems if ever, might be for future generations, not ours. They <ill have to become archeologists and decypher the Digital Rosetta stone prior to viewing our masterpieces ;-)

Amitiés
Ph

oh yes - LR, you can extend the use and experiments by changing the clock on your computer - but it can result in a mess for dates, and more importantly to other applications/programmes ...

Miha Golobic wrote:

Thanks again!
It feels good to learn something from you. I have just downloaded LR (30-day trial version). Spela is already angry with me, saying I spend way too much time at my comp. Best regards, Miha - slightly digitalized

2009/2/1 <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

    Miha Golobic

    >And as a side note, backups on DVDs or external drivers wont last
    forever
    >(well nothing does). And reading a DVD after 10 years is very
    questionable.
    >Even if the DVD itself holds, the format (and the software to
    read) might be
    >well forgotten in 10 years (do you still remember floppy disk ;-)))

    I've been backing up on multiple CDs and a pair of external hard
    drives.  The hard drives are for immediate access, the CDs are for
    off-site archiving.  The CDs are mostly for the exceptional photos
    that would be impossible to replicate; one copy to by brother near
    San Francisco, one to my daughter presently in Hawaii.

    Doug Herr
    Birdman of Hawaii
    http://www.wildlightphoto.com <http://www.wildlightphoto.com/>