[LRflex] Re: Digital Workflow - How Do You Cope?

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 22:17:47 +0100

Aram Langhans wrote:

So, a lightroom question. I use it and love it. But, since all changes are non-destructive, does anyone have a good workflow for saving the images? My tendency is to save all my RAW files on DVD, then work on them and then export the ones I have worked on to TIFF or Photoshop files. That means more DVDs. I toyed with the idea of exporting the catalog to DVD, but what good will that be when lightroom is no longer available in 10 years?

Might still be - I started using MS Word in ???
Else exporting as JPEG looks fine. It is so commonly used I can't imagine it disappearing all of a sudden - and then you'll have converters. Off topic; I'm currently in the process of buying a converter for my kids video films so that I can have them on DVD with minimum loss. I sometimes trust technology, and business. Sometimes ;-) Back to topic - another possibility would be DNG, an open standard, and maybe longer lasting, I don't know. If someone knows of a safer way ...
Ph

Aram