Leica Telyt & adapters

  • From: Michael Levy <fotoyvel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:01:26 -0500

My 50-200 Pentax is OK,. but not quite long enough. I have been amazed at the Leica Telyt images I've seen and may start looking for one. BUT I have some questions:

1) I can get Visolfelx mounts and R mounts what is the difference and does it matter if it is a 3-cam or not, as i will be using this on a Pentax DSLR.

2) I suppose it will be a manual focus deal -- which is fine, I am still capale of doing that,

3) what about adapters, who makes them and where do I find them-- I know a lot of you are using these lenses on Canons....

4) As the camera has an aps-sized sensor a 400 mm tely would have an (apparently) longer reach-- more like 550. I assume the 560 Telyt would be more like an 800 mm.... any thought or ideas on this? I'd probably use my Bogen tripod, even tho the camera has an anti-shake system built in

Finally i know nothing about these lenses and fheir max apertures. some seem to be f/5.6 tops, is that true of all telytrs? Thars sure fast enough for outdoor bird photography, I'd think.

Any help apprecited,
Mike Levy