Re: #225

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:37:16 -0700

Graham,

I have been looking at your photographs since you started posting on the LEG. I have always been really impressed by your composition, lighting, shading, colors, and that you always seem to be in the right place at the right time. I was becoming both jealous and depressed!

After following the discussion on the canal boat plus Simon's clouds, plus the pruning job on the trees along the levee, I have had to completely re-evaluate my view of your work.

I no longer believe that you are the luckiest photographer in the world, always being in the right place at the right time, with the right film, right lens, and correct exposure. I now believe that you are a superb graphic artist. Creating striking images from pieces obtained from multiple sources plus modifying tonal and color scales to fit your vision of the end product.

But no matter how they are made, they are very nice to look at. Keep'em coming...

:-)

Jim

At 12:20 AM 7/18/2005, GeeBee wrote:
Hi Venture,

The original shot was on OT equipment (Olympus OM) and can be seen below:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05224.htm

Simon Jessurun is a Dutch LUGger  who pilots 747's for KLM.
Thanks for looking.

--Graham