[klaatumail] Re: Cough cough

  • From: "Bradley, David" <David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:15:29 -0400

That site is most definitely wrong. First and foremost, it lists the
coordinates for Boston as:
-83.7900
30.7917

BUT!  Boston is located at:
-71.05
42.37

And having driven from Boston to Montreal back when the speed limit was
55 MPH, and making the trip in less than 7 hours, I can assure you that
1154 miles is way out of line. You can try to follow the below link, but
unless it's all on one line, it won't work.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=boston&daddr=Montreal,+
Quebec,+Canada&hl=en&geocode=FZ9WhgIdw7bD-ykbMT0NLWXjiTGg6GIBJL98eA%3BFQ
NptgIdvqad-ykNt2QcVBrJTDHv7x8hODFOZQ&mra=ls&sll=42.37,-71.059&sspn=0.671
786,1.220856&ie=UTF8&z=7&dirflg=d

Start address: Boston, MA
End address: Montreal, QC Canada

Alternately, you can go to maps.google.com and client "get directions"
and list your start point as Boston, MA and your end point as Montreal,
Quebec, Canada. You'll see a much different idea of the distance.

I checked with itouchmap.com/latlong.html and the coordinates on that
page do not point to Boston, Massachusetts. They point to Boston,
Georgia.

Dave Bradley