[klaatumail] Cough cough

  • From: "Bradley, David" <David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:04:08 -0400

Hi All,

Experiencing something here yesterday (Monday, May 31st, 2010) that I've
never experienced before in my life.  During the day we noticed that the
sky was very hazy.  Looked like either heavy polution or heavy fog.
There was also an acrid smell, sort of like something burning, but not
really identifiable.  It certainly didn't smell like wood burning.

Turns out that it was smoke from wildfires up in Quebec hundreds of
miles north of us (I live in Massachusetts in case you weren't aware).

Apparently a weather pattern change brought the smoke way down the
eastern coast of the U.S.

Thunder storms today are supposed to move the smoke out of our area.

Have itchy eyes and a cough this morning. Hope it clears as the day goes
on.

Never have I experienced this before from something so far away.

Dave