[kismac] Re: Prism2 usb By roper

  • From: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:02:28 -0400

So.... this is :
" <dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.Intersil.prism2</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>com_intersil_prism2USB</string>
<key>IOKitDebug</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>24838</integer> -> this is overwirtten in IntersiBase and Intersil prism 2
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>5736</integer> -> and this
</dict>

Correct.

When i plug in my device i have this details in apple prof:

USB Device:

  ID prodotto:  24838 ($6106)
  Velocità:        Fino a 12 Mb/sec
  Numero di Serie:      111111111111
  Potenza Bus (mA):     500
  ID produttore:        5736

Yes, it looks like you did the correct overwrites. Are you absolutely sure this is the entry for your wireless adapter? I once forgot I had a USB-serial adapter plugged into a cube that I was doing this for, and accidently kept putting the serial adapter's numbers in.

I have write the product id and vendor id like you have said but now when i go to preferences->wireless adaptor it says that no wireless device is attached.
thx

Did you throw away the kextcache and reboot? Does your device have any lights on it to indicate anything?

Also, I said this approach is your "best bet." The only off-brand USB wireless adapter for which I personally know this truly works is the Syntax. Maybe there's something else happening that prevents it from working for your device. Also, I'm on a Nov 2002 iBook (and a Cube via a hub), different from your PB.

Also, try rebooting with the adapter already plugged in. When I repeated this once on another laptop, it wouldn't work until it "caught" and the way that happened was to reboot while the thing was already plugged in. After that, I could plug it in at any time; and as I mentioned, I can get a kernel panic when I unplug it, from time to time.

Stefan Jeglinski