[JA] Re: empty message first

  • From: George Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 03:44:49 GMT

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 mmmcrae@xxxxxxxx writes:

= = = Original message = = =
A while back someone noted that if one sent an empty self-addressed
message each time mail was retrieved then that message would come in
first.  I adopted the practice to help me delete spam.  However I now
notice that my self-addressed empty message comes in first sometimes but
often comes in second or third.  Is there something I'm missing?
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Hi Marie, and All,

The messages come to you in "first in, first out" order.  Meaning the first
message "in" to your mailbox is the first message sent "out" to you by Juno's
servers.  So you need to get a message into the queue just as soon as possible
after retrieving your mail in order to beat other messages possibly containing
viruses.  I suggest you actually setup your outgoing "blank" message BEFORE you
retrieve your mail and send it in the same mail run as you when you retrieve
your messages.  That should pretty much ensure it being first in line during
the next mail run.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.