[JA] Re: Report on Spyware

  • From: "Roland Stiner" <nk2u@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:54:15 -0400

> Excellent.  So you know the source of the warning, you understand the
> nature of the danger, and you know how to make yourself safe.  Perhaps
> you would like to share this valuable information.

No, I don't know how to make myself safe other than not installing Juno or
NetZero.  However, I don't know if that's even enough as they could foist
this software on your system during an Internet session.  I wish I had all
the answers.

> A very interesting assertion, if true.  What reputable source told you
> these two overtly malevolent pieces of software are made to break your
> system when you try to uninstall them?   Which uninstallation procedures
> did you use, and in what sense did the systems become broken as a result?

I got the information that was posted on the web page.  There were two links
which gave a lot of information about this issue.  Did you read them?

> What reputable source has suggested a declaration of war?

That is my assertion.  Why would Juno and NetZero write malware and
distribute it?

> How did you
> identify a user of either Juno or NetZero who has been a target of an act
> of war by either of those companies?

Huh?  Did you read the original message with the info on it?

Roland Stiner,  NK2U
OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org