[JA] Report on Spyware

  • From: jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 23:01:05 -0400

> Subject: [JA] Report on spyware from the Langalist
> Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:43:47 -0400

> > Old hands may be able to deal with this, knowing it might happen.

RS>   The internet community needs to be warned.

The Internet community is a couple hundred million people, worldwide.
They should be warned more urgently about the prevalence of hoaxes.

Which old hand has ever seen this bogeyman, of which we are warned?   Not
that I absolutely deny the existence of bogeymen in the absence of
evidence, but it seems to me there should be some evidence before those
couple hundred million people all get busy looking for bogeymen.

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org