[JA] Juno Service Deteriorating

  • From: John S Chmura <kc4agw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:49:12 -0400

I have free Juno using Juno 4.0, and the one and only Juno access number
in Daytona Beach was taken out of service a week ago. Not being able to
connect to Juno thru Juno dialup, I managed to download the latest access
number list by booting up Juno while connected to the Internet with my
other ISP. The new list showed a new number and the one I had been using
was gone. The new number works fine. My friend, who has Platinum service
and Juno 5, tried to download the latest access number list the same way,
except that his connection to the Internet was via AOL dialup. His screen
indicates that he already has the latest list, but his list only shows
the old number that's no longer in service. He tried downloading all 3
lists (Platinum Service, Free Juno Web, & E-mail), with the same result.
Why is it that my list has a good number while his list has an inactive
number??
How is someone supposed to download the latest access number list when
the existing number is deactivated, without prior notice??
This situation has upset him so much that he dropped Juno and changed
over to 695online.com which is giving him much better service for $3/mo
less than Juno.

John Chmura
Daytona Beach area