[JA] Re: Juno E-Mail Probs??

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:44:40 PDT

}Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 22:24:14 -0400
}Subject: [JA] Juno E-Mail Probs??
}From: writefromtheheart
}
}Hi...
}   Is anyone else having problems with Juno Mail? I have 4.0 Build 11
and
}I use it for e-mail only. I've been using Juno since the very beginning
}(was a beta tester even) and I have never had single problem til this
}past week. For about a week now I've been getting a slew of e-mails
dated
}from the 3rd to the 8th!! Some are new, some I know I already got. Mail
}sent to me takes anywhere frpm 2-5 days to get to my e-mail account. I
}tried contacting Juno and got the stupid canned message, and I'm not
}about to pay a buck a minute for tech help. I can't help but think Juno
}is purposely screwing with mail delivery to force us free e-mail
}customers to either pay or leave. Very disappointing!
}
}Sue

        Bottom up:

1:      I thought it was almost $2/min.

2:      I have been having problems connecting of late.  (1.49!)

        A:      Primary number fails: busy or just fails modem
connection.  (While the screen still says "Dialing")

        B:      Backup number fails or is slow at the dial-up to juno
computers phase.  (when the screen says "connecting..." or
"Authenticating")

        C:      It may connect, on one of the above, but the connection
drops before all mail is transferred.  In this case, any mail received
will likely arrive again on the next successful connection!

        So, perhaps they are having problems.  Item "C" above indicates
that the servers never got the acknowledgement that the mail had, indeed,
reached your computer.
--
| Computerist.    This user is located in California.  It is a violation
of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this user.
---