[JA] Juno 5 deleted messages... Was: Beta-Webmail

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:31:42 PDT

}Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:55:00 GMT
}Subject: [JA] Beta-Webmail
}From: Leslie Gottlieb
}
}I've used the select all link to select all my messages and delete them,
but it only does 1 screenful at a time, and there is no way yet in Juno
Beta-Webmail to change the # of messages displayed per screen - the
mail.com webmail allows you to change this to a larger #.
}
}Leslie
}
}
}Leslie Gottlieb
}lesliepearson@xxxxxxxx

        In older versions of juno, before 5.xx, the Delete function only
moves the message to the "Deleted" or "Deleted Messages" folder.
Deleting messages from that folder, like moving messages to the same
folder that they are moving from, only moves the message to the bottom of
the folder.

        I suspect that juno 5 is not physically deleting any messages
until a folder rebuild.  This likely happens on exit when there is a high
enough percentage of deleted messages in the one hugh file.  I get this
last part based on comments as to what happens when a large "folder" of
messages is deleted.

        Now, the question is, can you J5 users force a folder rebuild.

        I should note here that you likely need at least the size of all
non-deleted message in that file (all non deleted messages in the
account!!!) in free space, for the rebuild to successfully complete!
--
| Computerist.    This user is located in California.  It is a violation
of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this user.
---