[JA] Firefox/Thunderbird

  • From: Rakenas@xxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:20:10 EST

Larry -

> >>Congratulations!  If you can get and send email, then you have the most
> >>important settings correct. :-)

-----

No, I can't send and receive email with Thunderbird. Please note that I'm
.still. using AOL.

I thought I had downloaded mail to Thunderbird - I could see a long list of
sender/subject/date/etc., but when I finally figured out how to read the
messages, Thunderbird kept trying to connect to AOL. So apparently all I
received
was headers.

(Did I just hear the modem disconnect?????

I've also installed Eudora, can't connect with it, either. I tried opening
it, minimizing, going to AOL to sign on, but kept seeing errors (that I
couldn't
exit) about lack of memory. <sigh>

AOL Customer Service advised me to Cntl/Alt/Delete to pop up a Windows box
which listed AVGEMC, AVGCC, ZLCLIENT, REALPLAY, SM56HLPR, AOLTRAY, and SYSTRAY
as being in use. I assume the first two are AVG, the next might be Zone Alarm.
But what on earth is REALPLAY and SM56HLPR?