[JA] Re: Firefox/Thunderbird

  • From: Larry Cook <lcook@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:33:36 -0500

Carolyn,

> Firefox and Thunderbird are installed but I don't know if I have all the
> settings right.

Congratulations!  If you can get and send email, then you have the most
important settings correct. :-)

> So, if you, or anyone, especially anyone in Phoenix, is using Firefox or
> Thunderbird, please tell me which settings I need to consider changing before
> start using them.

I think the default settings are probably fine.  Send a message and see if
it's saved in the Sent folder.  Delete a message and see if it's saved in the
Trash folder.  Quit Thunderbird and restart.  Check if the Sent and Trash
folders still have those messages.

I'm not sure if Thunderbird is the same, but the Mozilla mail client has all
of the mail server settings under "Edit->Mail & News Group Account Settings".
  The general preference settings are under "Edit->Preferences" in the "Mail &
Newsgroup" category, which has a bunch of sub-categories also.

The Thunderbird support page might be of some help:

     http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/

It has a very nice, although basic, tutorial.  Unfortunately, I didn't see
anything regarding configuration beyond getting you mail server configured.

But maybe the best place is the Help menu.  The "Help->Help Contents" on
Mozilla mail has a top-level category called "Using Mail".  The last two
sub-categories within that are "Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings" and "Mail &
Newsgroup Preferences".  Hopefully this will explain the various settings so
that you can determine which ones you would like to change.

Good luck and enjoy the Mozilla products!

Larry