[JA] Re: Firefox/Thunderbird

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 07:37:41 -0800

Thanks Ed. I was looking for opinion on lighter apps for slower
computers, and your experience with F-Prot for Windows [and the fact that
the DOS app is a [the?] premiere antiviral scanner] is very valuable.
Also mentioned in forums for being light is NOD 32. And I wonder how
eTrust whatever would compare?

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 01:57:01 GMT "k4pf@xxxxxxxx" <k4pf@xxxxxxxx> writes:
[...]mentioned that the AVG antivirus software proved a heavy
> burdon on their RAM resources.
> I had a similar experience with an old Toshiba Pentium I
> laptop, which is limited to a puny 40 MB RAM.
> With AVG 6 active and Win 98,[...]
> My solution was to go with F-Prot antivirus for Windows.
[...]