[JA] Bad news from the Juno Web site???

  • From: George H Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:26:31 -0700

Hi All,

I've just come from visiting the Juno Web site and there is no longer any
mention of "Free Internet Access" on it anywhere.  As a matter of fact,
there's no link to downloading the software without having to go through
signing up for their Platinum service.  I'm not 100% sure it's not a Juno
cookie thing where a newcomer is sent to a different page than someone
who's been there and downloaded the software before, but it sure doesn't
seem like it.

In poking around their site, I found their online Help still has many
references to "Free Internet Access" and even finally found a link to the
software - from their "Upgrade" page - where I could still download the
software without signing up for Platinum.  Who knows, however, if I try
and install it whether or not Juno will let me create a new "Free"
account.  The software appears to be the same as it has been and is the
same for Platinum and Free accounts with all the "settings" for your plan
level taking place at Juno's end of things...  so for now, at least, my
guess is yes, you could still sign up for a free account.

But, what's your guess..??  Did someone at Juno just mess up the Home
page, or is this the end of Free Internet Access/Free E-mail for new
users..??  And if so, what do you think this portends for the rest of
us..??

George Lunt ..... so. cal.