[JA] Re: Bad news from the Juno Web site???

  • From: George H Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:53:53 -0700

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 "Caseylite" <caseylite@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>I loaded the www.juno.com page and for me it shows a Free
>internet tab on the right side of the screen with this bulleted
>list underneath.

> Free direct access to anywhere on the
>     Internet for a full 10 hours each month?
> Free email account
      <snipped>

Hi Brett, and All,

Yeah, but that's for NetZero, which I suppose we should consider as part
of the family, but it just isn't the same thing...  you know?  You
wouldn't be getting a Juno address or using the Juno software interface
or Web mail.  The left hand side of the Juno Home page also used to refer
to getting Free Internet access...  but no longer it appears.

>I quickly scanned the HTML of their page, but I didn't see any
>trigger code to show dynamic content based on a cookie,
>browser history, or anything else.

No, me either...  but I remember times when Juno has used that approach,
with visitors to the site seeing different Home pages depending on
whether or not they'd been there before and either downloaded or upgraded
their software.  The Juno "index.html"  used to vary to depending on your
visitor status. "Known" visitors might be redirected to index3.html, for
example.  I just wanted to allow for that contingency in my "jumping to
conclusions", just in case "newbies" were seeing a different page.

> Good to be back on the List.

Welcome back...

George Lunt ..... so. cal.