[jhb] Re: Framerate Display

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:07:32 +0000

Well, having done endless searches, I can't find anyone who has come up with an FPS gauge, or command line. Next try was to put blanks into the fps display line, to push it further towards the centre. No use, it ignores the spurious input.

Next idea would be to change the displayed text, to use a more visible colour and, ideally, increase text size. I can't find where this data is stored.

Any ideas folks?

Gerry Winskill

On 09/01/2011 12:13, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Kev,

I only came across those last night. Since there's scope for as many
lines, in a column, as you like, then there's a lot of scope for
displaying useful info. Also for ditching positional data, which I only
use if in Slew mode. One of the unsought bonuses of getting the Memory
Map charts to display aircraft position is that current position Lat and
Long are always available from that display.

Some things we're coming to late in life; FS life that is!

Gerry Winskill

On 09/01/2011 12:04, Kev Townsend wrote:
I dont know how to output this information to a gauge, but it is
interesting to learn that in FSX there are many things that can be shown
with Shift+Z

Latitude, Latitude Decimal, Latitude Hex, Longitude, Longitude Decimal,
Longitude Hex, Altitude, Altitude AGL, Heading, , Heading Hex, Heading
True, Airspeed , True Airspeed, Wind Direction And Speed, Wind Speed,
Wind Direction, Frame Rate, Locked Frame Rate, GForce, Fuel Percentage,
Fuel Remaining Gallons, Fuel Remaining Pounds, Vertical Speed, Angle Of
Attack, Video Device and Average Frame Rate,

best wishes

Kev

At 20:01 08/01/2011, you wrote:
I often fly with the FPS figure displayed, top left corner of the
screen. With the new graphics card in lace the script is no longer
just red but has a fine black edge. It seems this is how it's designed
to appear. Unfortunately I find it difficult to read.

I thought the solution would be simple; just make a gauge to display
framerate. Unfortunately I can't locate a command line, variable etc
that relates to framerate.

Any ideas?