Re: worst release

I both have and have not contacted FS depending on the situation.  The
disinterest I've received in regard to my queries (both reporting
problems and suggesting features) has put me off continuing to do so.

In addition, the fact that problem reports have been garbled multiple
times within a single set of e-mail correspondence despite my
attaching all prior messages (per their request) leads me to question
whether FS has any quality commitment at all.

On 5/10/10, Barry J. Campbell <Barry.J.Campbell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello:
>  With no disrespect to anyone on this list. I actually find this topic very
> interesting but I wonder if the people complaining about problems with JAWS
> are sending your suggestions to Freedom Scientific?  I am a systems analyst
> and keep track of any problems, suggestions for improvement, suggestions for
> future releases of our applications.  posting on this list is fine but the
> systems team at FS needs to hear this.  Also when you attend the trade shows
> and convensions let Eric and others know your suggestions and criticism's.
>
> Just a thought.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
> Of Dave Carlson
> Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 1:00 PM
> To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: worst release
>
> Yes I agree. I've always wanted support for Pivot Tables in Excel, and this
> has never been developed.
>
> Dave
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 09:38
> Subject: Re: worst release
>
>
> I do find it amazing that they are putting so much focus on research
> it when there are so many things that flat don't work.  That speaks of
> incredibly messed up priorities.  Things like the array and collection
> support in the script language are much more important in the long
> run.
>
> On 5/10/10, Dave Carlson <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've said this directly to FS Support in my feedback, that I think JAWS is
>> becoming a victim of bloatware. It's time that it was stripped down to its
>> fundamentals, and then allow user selection of "features" during the
>> install.
>>
>> For example I don't use Braille, nor Magi, so I would think that my
>> preferred  "kernel" of JAWS could be an audio-only version to start with,
>> and then I add on other things, like additional synthesizers, additional
>> voices, ResearchIt, etc.
>>
>> If I wanted Braille then I would select that in the install as one of the
>> features I needed.
>>
>> I've got to believe that switching to this paradigm would, in the long
>> run,
>> save FS one heck of a lot of cost in trying to update, fix, and maintain
>> their ever-increasing "Medusa-ware".
>>
>> They didn't agree with me.
>>
>> My opinions expressed here are mine, and not meant to represent any other
>> person or organization But even my dog agrees.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 08:27
>> Subject: Re: worst release
>>
>>
>>
>> Well, if JAWS 11 is bad, can JAWS 12 be even worse?
>>
>> Gerald
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
>> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 10:08 AM
>> Subject: Re: worst release
>>
>>
>>>I suspect most of it is jfw11 as 11 hasn't worked for me on either my
>>> xp or vista systems.
>>>
>>> On 5/10/10, Cy Selfridge <cyselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>> Alan,
>>>>
>>>> After I sent the message I remembered 4.5 and you are exactly correct.
>>>>
>>>> This was long about the time OpenBook came out with the infamous Ruby
>>>> edition and open Book went completely to Hell.
>>>>
>>>> Oh well, there will be times such as these.
>>>>
>>>> I did not install JAWS 11 on my XP machine so I don't know how much is
>>>> JAWS
>>>> and how much is Winders 7.
>>>>
>>>> Cy, The Anasazi
>>>>
>>>> From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
>>>> Behalf
>>>> Of Alan Dicey
>>>> Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 7:39 AM
>>>> To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>> Subject: worst release
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Dear Cy,
>>>>
>>>> That was version 4.0!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Yes, nothing worked with it at all !
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> They tryed to improve it with some upgrades, but finally had to come out
>>>> with 4.5 !
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> With Best Regards,
>>>>
>>>> Alan
>>>>
>>>> Miami, Florida
>>>>
>>>> Alan Dicey, President
>>>>
>>>> United States Braille Chess Association - USBCA
>>>>
>>>> "Yes, Blind or Visually Impaired People Can, and Do, Play Chess!!!"
>>>>
>>>> United States Braille Chess Association Home Page:
>>>> <http://americanblindchess.org/> http://AmericanBlindChess.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>
>>>> From: Cy Selfridge <mailto:cyselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>>
>>>> To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>
>>>> Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 9:26 AM
>>>>
>>>> Subject: worst release
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hey Ted,
>>>>
>>>> After some thought I think I disagree with you about 11 being the worst
>>>> release.
>>>>
>>>> It seems to me that long about 3.5 or 4 there was a release which was a
>>>> complete disaster. I can't recall which release exactly it was but
>>>> almost
>>>> nothing worked.
>>>>
>>>> Cy, The Anasazi
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
>>>> Behalf
>>>> Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
>>>> Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 7:00 AM
>>>> To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>> Subject: RE: Just joined, research it question
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Marvelous, and this is the big gee-whiz reason we're all supposed to
>>>> switch!
>>>> This has to be the worst release ever.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Ted
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
>>>> Behalf
>>>> Of Tom Lange
>>>> Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2010 12:06 PM
>>>> To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>> Subject: Re: Just joined, research it question
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I tried several locations and varied the syntax slightly; it still
>>>> didn't
>>>> work.  Even their example "Jackson, MS" didn't.  Oh well.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Tom
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>
>>>> From: Cindy Handel <mailto:cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>>
>>>> To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>
>>>> Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2010 6:54 AM
>>>>
>>>> Subject: Re: Just joined, research it question
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I just tried that.  There must be something wrong with that part of
>>>> ResearchIt.  I didn't get any results, either.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Cindy
>>>>
>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>
>>>> From: Stacey Robinson <mailto:staceyr75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>>
>>>> To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>
>>>> Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2010 8:19 AM
>>>>
>>>> Subject: Just joined, research it question
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> I just joined this list last night.
>>>>
>>>> I just recently (this week) upgraded to Jaws 11.
>>>>
>>>> If I enter research it and check weather (which is my primary setting)
>>>> all
>>>> is well.
>>>>
>>>> If I check time though by entering Nashville, TN. I get no time search
>>>> found
>>>> or some such message, what could I be doing wrong.
>>>>
>>>> I know the time in Nashville so started there first. (I'm in the same
>>>> time
>>>> zone)
>>>>
>>>> Nothing I enter in time search brings me any time info.
>>>>
>>>> Please help.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Have a blessed day,
>>>> Stacey Robinson and GEB dog Chesley
>>>> Eagleville, Tennessee.
>>>> staceyr75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Soronel Haetir
>>> soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx
>>> --
>>> JFW related links:
>>> JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/
>>> Scripting mailing list:
>>> http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com
>>> JFW List instructions:
>>> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
>>> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
>>> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>>> Alternative archives located at:
>>> http://n2.nabble.com/JAWS-for-Windows-f2145279.html
>>>
>>> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or
>>> the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather
>>> contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> --
>> JFW related links:
>> JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/
>> Scripting mailing list:
>> http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com
>> JFW List instructions:
>> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
>> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
>> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>> Alternative archives located at:
>> http://n2.nabble.com/JAWS-for-Windows-f2145279.html
>>
>> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or
>> the
>> way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact
>> the
>> list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> --
>> JFW related links:
>> JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/
>> Scripting mailing list:
>> http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com
>> JFW List instructions:
>> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
>> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
>> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>> Alternative archives located at:
>> http://n2.nabble.com/JAWS-for-Windows-f2145279.html
>>
>> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or
>> the
>> way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact
>> the
>> list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>
>
> --
> Soronel Haetir
> soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx
> --
> JFW related links:
> JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/
> Scripting mailing list:
> http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com
> JFW List instructions:
> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
> Alternative archives located at:
> http://n2.nabble.com/JAWS-for-Windows-f2145279.html
>
> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the
>
> way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the
> list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> --
> JFW related links:
> JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/
> Scripting mailing list:
> http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com
> JFW List instructions:
> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
> Alternative archives located at:
> http://n2.nabble.com/JAWS-for-Windows-f2145279.html
>
> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the
> way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the
> list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> --
> JFW related links:
> JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/
> Scripting mailing list:
> http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com
> JFW List instructions:
> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
> Alternative archives located at:
> http://n2.nabble.com/JAWS-for-Windows-f2145279.html
>
> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the
> way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the
> list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>


-- 
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx
--
JFW related links:
JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/
Scripting mailing list: 
http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com
JFW List instructions:
To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to 
jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
Alternative archives located at: 
http://n2.nabble.com/JAWS-for-Windows-f2145279.html

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the 
way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the 
list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Other related posts: