Re: windows explorer

You're very welcome.  Glad it helped.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jim" <jimscave@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: windows explorer


heya Yardbird,

thanks for the info, its exactly done what I need

cheers,

Jim from Oz


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:49 AM
Subject: Re: windows explorer


> Hi Jim,
>
> I thought I explained.  Sorry.  You use an item in one of the Windows
> Explorer menus to say what you want displayed on the filename line.  Hold
> on.  I'll go there and remind myself which menu it is...
>
> Okay.  It's the View menu in Windows Explorer.  Open it using Alt V.
> Arrow
> down to details.  I don't give one-key shortcuts even where they apply at
> a
> moment like this because that deprives you of ever learning what's on a
> given menu, for a sense of context.  Make sure details is checked, hitting
> Enter if it's not.  If this takes you out of the menu, open it again, and
> this time go down to the item Choose Details.  Notice that it's checked
> now.
> Press Enter to get the submenu.  Now arrow up and down to see how very
> many
> details can be displayed on that line, only a few of which are actually to
> your interest.  this is the normal approach.  Press Enter on each one you
> want to be displayed.  I'm just on my first cup of coffee and too rushed
> to
> experiment whether that closes the menu each time requiring you to open it
> again, but just work with it and figure it out.
>
> Once you've done this and remembered to leave the menu by clicking OK
> where
> you're supposed to, your filename lines will display whatever you've wset
> them to display.  Then you can read it with Insert 8.  By the way, Insert
> 3
> is not reading the filename line as someone would read it just looking at
> it.  It's reading the status bar in Windows Explorer, which is fine if it
> gives the same information when you're on a filename.  But it isn't
> reading
> the actual filename line in the normal sense.
>
> Hope this helps.
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Jim" <jimscave@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:24 AM
> Subject: Re: windows explorer
>
>
> thanks that works well in telling me the size but not the date, how do I
> get
> both info at the same time?
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:25 PM
> Subject: Re: windows explorer
>
>
>> Jim,
>>
>> just stop on the filename, then do a say line command (insert 8).  Now,
>> if
>> you don't hear that other info, it isn't being displayed.  Others here
>> will
>> tell you how to use the Windows Explorer View or Tools menu (I forget
>> which)
>> to change what's displayed beside the filenames.
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: "Jim" <jimscave@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 9:17 PM
>> Subject: windows explorer
>>
>>
>> Hiya all,
>>
>> been reading up on using Jaws with windows explorer, What I want to know
>> that I can't seem to find in the help screen is if I'm scrolling thru
>> files
>> Jaws reads the files fine but I also want to know the size of that file
>> and
>> when it was modified, how do I get Jaws to read this info for me?
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Jim from Oz
>>
>>
>>
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>> Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.12.8/163 - Release Date: 11/8/2005
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> No virus found in this outgoing message.
>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>> Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.12.8/163 - Release Date: 11/8/2005
>>
>> --
>> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
>> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
>> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>>
>> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or
>> the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather
>> contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>> Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.12.8/163 - Release Date: 8/11/2005
>>
>>
>
> --
> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>
> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or
> the
> way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact
> the
> list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>
>
> -- 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.12.8/163 - Release Date: 11/8/2005
>
>
>
>
> -- 
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.12.8/163 - Release Date: 11/8/2005
>
> --
> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>
> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or
> the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather
> contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>
>
>
> -- 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.12.8/163 - Release Date: 8/11/2005
>

--
To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to 
jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the 
way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the 
list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx



-- 
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.12.8/164 - Release Date: 11/9/2005




-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.12.8/164 - Release Date: 11/9/2005

--
To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to 
jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the 
way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the 
list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Other related posts: