Re: windows explorer

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:46:15 -0800

Well, first of all, I never use My Computer for housekeeping or navigating
my hard drive.  I use Windows Explorer only.  But in any case, as so many
have said, if all else fails, just select or be on the thing you're curious
about and look at its properties.  Again, I don't often have to do that for
a file, but I do use it to see about the space on a floppy and so forth.
Whatever works.  I was just providing the most standard thing, because it
appeared that some folks didn't know you could set Windows Explorer to
display filename characteristics right on the filename line, which is the
most basic thing to do.