Re: not deleting messages

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:27:46 -0600

James,
If you have another screen reader on your system, you can prove that Delete
does call a script, at least when a message is open in Outlook Express.  With
another screen reader running, try pressing Delete while a message is open.  I
think you'll find that the message is not deleted, as it is with JAWS.  If
you're in the message list, however, Delete works no matter which screen reader
you are running.  If you don't have a script, you must press Control+d to
delete an open message.  This is why I don't like reading email with
Window-Eyes.  I like to press Delete to get rid of the message I've just read
and bring up the next one.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx