re:

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:26:08 -0400

Dave,

No, I haven't contacted FS yet, but it looks like I won't need to switch
from OE to Outlook 2007 after all. I was contemplating the switch because as
of September 1, Hotmail will no longer be accessible via Outlook Express,
unless you modify the configuration of OE. I had tried to reconfigure OE
according to Microsoft's instructions, but kept getting errors.

I was about to give up on reconfiguring OE and switching to Outlook 2007 and
the Outlook Connector program, which permit access to hotmail, but made one
last attempt to get OE to work, and I finally succeeded. (I would only
switch to the Windows Live Mail program as a last resort, as it is awful
IMO.)

Alan

Dave wrote:
Alan,
I know it works well with JAWS 9. However there may be some issues with the
Office 2007 ribbon that you'll find with Outlook in an open message or
appointment.
Have you contacted Freedom Scientific?

Dave