Re: jaws 12 released?

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 07:15:55 -0700

Ted,

If the downloaded executable file doesn't install, then I have doubt that the
CD version will,either. You may unfortunately have some registry keys remaining
that are fooling JAWS 12 into thinking that it's either already installed, or
that the relevant uninstall files are missing.

Without more specific information on your error messages, this is all a guess.
I had problems uninstalling JAWS 12 during the early beta cycle and had to
reboot and try again to completely remove JAWS 12 from my machine before I
could install again. I think there is something wrong with the uninstall
process in early JAWS 12.

BTW were you running the beta versions before the released version of JAWS 12?

Dave