Re: fix for jaws speeding up

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 18:31:10 -0700

Seeing people continuing to contribute "workaround" techniques for solving
this "problem,"  I feel I ought to repeat what I tried to explain before:
If you have jaws reading automatically and you press Page Down or Page Up,
rather than simply skipping further up or down in the document as you may
expect jaws to do, it speeds up or slows down.  This is not a malfunction,
but a deliberate command in Jaws.  I hope that's clear.

Now, to return the reading to the speed rate you prefer, you either press
the opposite key (page up./page down) while jaws is again reading ahead, or
you stop jaws by hitting the Control key and press

Control Alt Page Up for slower, or
Control Alt Page Down for faster.

That's all there is to it.  Again, this isn't a malfunction that requires
cycling out of the document and back into it,or exiting jaws and relaunching
it, or rebooting your computer.it isn't a malfunction at all.

Hope that's helpful.