Re: Outlook Express & .dbx files

  • From: "Nermin" <voy44@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 00:18:27 +0200

Hi Mike,

you can always import mails from within outlook express. Go into the menu, and
under Files, there is an option called "import/export". Here you can tell
outlook Express to Import from OES, then you can specify the place the dbx
files you want OE to import are stored.
The Imported messages will show up in the folder tree as separate folders, not
under the inbox, but rather under the "local folders".
The import process is set up like any other wizard, and the import will work,
provided the files to be imported are intact. You can then go into that folder,
and the message list will have all messages contained therein, and then you can
delete, copy or backup messages to any folder in OE.

I hope that this explanation was helpful.
Some of this is guesswork, since I have a German operating system. Should you
get stuck, just drop me a line.

Regards,
Nermin