Re: Outlook Express & .dbx files

  • From: "Loren Buntemeyer" <lbuntemeyer@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 16:50:42 -0500

Well, I'm a little confused.  All of the folders in your store file should be
in your OE folder list, if you have created a new "folder.dbx".  However, if
you have copied and pasted additional .dbx files from another computer into
your store folder, you have to watch out for duplicate names.  For instance, if
you have a folder called apples in OE, that will show up in your store file as
apples.dbx.  If, you want to add an apple.dbx from another computer, and they
are different emails, you have to change the name of the apples folder in OE.
Maybe apple one.  Then, that will show up in your store as apple one.dbx.  Now
you can paste your apple.dbx from your old computer to your store file.  You
now have a apple.dbx and apple one.dbx that will come over to your OE after you
have gone through the process of saving your new store file, deleting your
folder .dbx and then opening OE.  You can move the emails to the folder you
want and rename them.  This is the only way I know to check  the emails you
want to keep.  Now we're both confused.
Some one probably knows an easier process than I.
Loren