Re: Finding lost messages in outlook express

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:51:53 -0800

The actual import process itself is quite intuitive.
The import option is in the file menu structure--alt f then just arrow to
import sub menu.
You will want to import mail, of course.
You will next be given an option for your copied messages location so select
this option and browse until you find the folder you have copied.
You are next given a choice whether to import all or selected folders.
While learning this process, choose the selected folder option so if you need
to repeat the process for some reason, you will not get duplicate mail imported
back into all your o/e messages.
Once you have used the import command a time or two and are familiar with it
then you can choose the import all option.
I have used this feature only for the first time myself this past week--with
success--after some trial and error--and the problem I had was that I had
changed some of my file names after I had copied them to a D drive and o/e
definitely could not see those files even when I changed the name back to the
original name.
I had changed the name to date my stored files sort of like Jaws mail vol 2005
and so on.