Re: Cancer Survey

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 20:30:44 -0800

Hi Gene,
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis and best wishes for a speedy recovery. This
type of equipment is becoming more common, it seems.  A former girlfriend of
mine has participated in a number of clinical trials for various medications,
and in order to conduct surveys, she was given a device that's very similar to
a PDA, complete with touch-screen and a dialup modem to send user responses
back to the clinic. Nice idea, but definitely inaccessible.  You may want to
call the people who gave this to you, explain your situation  and ask if
there's a way for you to participate in the survey over the Internet. Just a
thought. Good luck to you, and, again, best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Tom