Accessible data recovery software

  • From: "dave-d0619" <dave-d0619@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 08:10:18 -0500

Hello everyone:

Due to a computer crash while my hard drive was updating some files, there are files on the drive which I can no longer access.

When I check the properties for the hard drive, the amount of space used indicates just under 130GB, which is about what I would expect.

However, if I highlight all the folders on the hard drive when I am in the root folder, the amount of used space is 184GB

Can anyone on the list recommend a suite of programs that I can use that is accessible for recovering the data and to repair the disk.

I have not made any changes to the drive since the crash.

I eagerly await any suggestions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber