Re: Accessible data recovery software

  • From: "Marten Post Uiterweer" <marten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 16:56:42 +0100

I understand what you mean, but think, it is nesessary to run chkdsk.
For recovery, I am using: File Scavenger.
Not free, but when restoring, the full path can be restored too.
and good accessible.

A free alternative, is Restoration, the file is rest2514. It can restore, but
not with the original path.
When you pick files to restore, you have to find the restore button with the
mouse or jaws-cursor if using Jaws.
You can also restore, with alt-c for restore by copying file to other location.
The recovered file will be restored to an other location, so no other files are
overwritten.
You can download it at:
http://www.webattack.com/download/dlrestoration.html

Regards, Marten