[jawsscripts] Re: scripting issue

  • From: "Bissett, Tom" <tom.bissett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:51:44 -0400

John,  firstly I think you need to examine your application more thurley using
jaws tools such as the homerow mode.  To have someone make the statement that
the text is being displayed inside a graphic may indeed be how it looks but
technology speaking it may be something altogether something else.  If it is
indeed a graphic then you can not get jaws or any other screenreader to read it.
I believe you stated that jaws does not recognize it as a graphic, if that is
the case then it is most probably not a graphic and using scripting tools
available you may beable to determine what exactly it is and may allow you to
work with it.
Again if it is a graphic then jaws will not read it.
I realize this isn't much help but until you can tell us technologically what
it is we can't really help.
Regards
Tom Bissett

Retail Investment Products, PCG TD