[jawsscripts] Re: scripting issue

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 15:30:46 -0700

TypeString merely types a string of characters. If u had a script
called notepad.jss & the script is TypeName then typestring("my name
is John Sanders") would type that into Notepad.

I think, John, that u would be well advised to read the basics of
scripting manual & gain some understanding of the scripting language.
Scripting apps is not easy, especially if u really don't understand
what the functions do. & it's pretty clear to me from your code that u
don't. Every1 of the good scripters on this list began somewhere,
John, & that somewhere is usually w/the basics of scripting manual
from fs, or, if you're lucky, or rich, or your employer sends u, a
training class. Most of us do the fs manual cuz we don't fall in2 the
classifications I listed above.

So, break out the manual, do the practice exercises, gain some
understanding of the functions & their syntax, ask questions about
them on list if u don't understand something, study the scripts
provided by fs, but let's don't put the cart b4 the horse & start
trying to script till you've done that. It's merely an exercise in
frustration. U won't have the understanding of windows & hierarchy &
text handling needed even to write the kind of script you're trying to
write. You'll find the manual in the program files\freedom
scientific\jaws\jawsVersionNumber\manuals\enu directory. It's basics
of scripting.chm.

HTH.

On 1/4/10, jmtsanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <jmtsanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, oh ok.
>
> Here's the code
> I hope that this helps you.
> Sincerely,
> John Sanders
>
> ; scripts for the squawkbox application version 3 and later
>
> ; For jaws versions 10 and later
>
> ; By John Sanders 2010-01-04
>
> ?
>
> Script SpeaksTheCurrentMessageThatATCSendsToYou ()
>
> TypeString ("Speaks the current message")
>
> SayString ("Aircraft callsign please contact me on xxx.xx")
>
> EndScript

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
www.abletec.serverheaven.net
Please join me Saturday, 11/7, on my walk against breast cancer by
making a donation at:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/larkspur>