[jaws-uk] Re: windows 7

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:37:11 +0100

Hi Ron,

There are virtually no software companies who will sell upgrades to
anything less than their current release version.

Plus moving to Windows 7 can, and often does, involved a lot of
upgrading of various items from Software to Hardware.  I've had to set
aside quite a bit of older, still working hardware, in order to
accommodate Windows 7 on our systems.

And in fact our B.T. Telephone system, which is quite a simple one,
need an software/firmware upgrade, and they want over £600 for that
alone.  Needless to say, I've had to hold on to an XP system to
maintain that.  The upgrade takes all of 10 minutes to apply, or so
I'm told!

I'm not defending F.S. here, but rather pointing out that they are not
alone.

George.