[iyonix-support] Re: Work around for Pyjamas problem

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:29:04 +0100

In message <nTSLhKAAfdfFpw7a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>In common with so many other users, continuously since then I have
>>suffered the pyjamas effect erratically averaging at approximately one
>>in every four occasions when first powered up.
>>As the only answer seems to be to clear it with reset, for the last
>>month I have pressed reset immediately after switching on as a normal
>>procedure, which is no hardship.
> I used to have this problem but now when I start up, I hold in the power
> button until I hear the disc being accessed, and then I release it.
> Since I have done this I have never had the pyjamas effect (over a
> period of several months).

I have been using the same method since the summer and can confirm
that it improves matters. However, it is not 100%. Since the weather
turned colder I have been getting pyjamas once a week despite holding
the button until after the second set of hard disc clunks.
(it used to be happen most days)

John

--
John Rickman - writing from A9home machine
http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk