[iyonix-support] Re: Work around for Pyjamas problem

  • From: Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:12:16 +0000

In common with so many other users, continuously since then I have
suffered the pyjamas effect erratically averaging at approximately one
in every four occasions when first powered up.
As the only answer seems to be to clear it with reset, for the last
month I have pressed reset immediately after switching on as a normal
procedure, which is no hardship.
I used to have this problem but now when I start up, I hold in the power button until I hear the disc being accessed, and then I release it. Since I have done this I have never had the pyjamas effect (over a period of several months).
From: Pete                             Email: egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Composed on a Castle Technology Iyonix Computer (RiscOS 5, version 5.11)

To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support