[iyonix-support] USB2 problem

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix support <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:18:00 +0100

I download images from my camera using the supplied adaptor plugged into
the front USB socket on my Iyonix.  The instructions say to plug and unplug
from the camera while it is turned off, so after downloading, I always
dismount the drive, then switch off the camera, then unplug.

I recently installed USB2, and that procedure no longer works.  The camera
won't switch off while connected to the computer.  If I turn off the
computer then it will, but that never used to be necessary.

I tried unplugging the USB lead from the Iyonix, which turned the camera
off, but gave me a real scare when it wouldn't turn on again until I took
out the battery and replaced it.

Why does USB2 behave like this?  It must be doing something that the camera
interprets as an operation in progress, and therefore waits.

I am running RO 5.11

John

--
John Harrison - using a British Iyonix PC running RISC-OS 5
http://www.jaharrison.me.uk