[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 5.12 & FX5200 Upgrades?

  • From: Iyonix.2006a@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:10:58 +0200

In message <4e75997280lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Williams <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <5acc6c754e.Brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Brian Howlett <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The problem is that I couldn't actually get the HSBC online payment
> > system to work...
>
> David Pitt has posted elsewhere that he resorted to FireFox on his (PC)
> laptop and succeeded after failing with NetSurf and O2. So it looks like
> the perennial browser issue!

Well, perhaps they should have supplied O3 as free upgrade first :-(

> I may try FireFox on the Iyonix later and report here.

Good luck!

> One could be forgiven for thinking someone should/could have checked the
> thing worked before announcing it!
>
> And using csaa to announce it rather than this list has merely resulted in
> a public thread, possibly counter-productive, and, as I've mentioned there,
> Friday evening is not the best time to launch an evidently inadequately
> tested ordering/payment system.

Indeed - but perhaps CTL doesn't think that there is any user out there
with just an IYONIX pc, that is not having a Windows machine at hand
too. But be assured that there are such users too.

And I do miss a discount - and be it a small and initial one only - for
the users who paid 30 quid for USB2.

--
Herbert

Herbert zur Nedden
German Archimedes Group http://www.gag.de

Herausgeber DER deutschen RISC OS-Zeitschrift.