[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 5.12 & FX5200 Upgrades?

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:01:29 +0200

In message <61ebc5754e.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have for many years had a farming company that was zero-rated for VAT.
> For items that were VAT-rated I received an invoice that included the
> VAT which I then reclaimed from the Customs and Excise.  There was no
> opportunity to receive invoices without VAT for vat-able goods.  I would
> be very surprised if Castle can supply a VAT-free invoices for sales
> within the EU, though it can of course do so for sales to countries
> outside the EU.

Yes, of course they can as long as they get the customer's EU VAT
number (see Chris's comprehensive post of the VAT rules). I would
expect to order ex VAT.

On my web site orders from outside the EU are handled excluding VAT
automatically and there are special ex-VAT ordering buttons for EU
based companies with an EU VAT number (or for the rare case of someone
ordering from outside the EU using a credit card with a registered
address inside the EU).

Martin