[iyonix-support] Re: RO 5.12 and alt-rename bug

  • From: jb <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 01:19:34 +0100

Andrew

[snip]

> Barry
>
> I think you should take on Castle's PR and marketing.  This is THE=20
> Iyonix specific support list, by invitation to Iyonix owners only. =20
> I'm still surprised that Castle didn't post their announcement of 5.12=20
> here in preference to CSA announce.  I'm still waiting a clear=20
> statement from someone such as John Ballance as to what is in 5.12=20
> besides USB which I have, and new drivers I don't need at present. =20
> No, I'm not producing a magazine!  I've never been happy with the=20
> Select business model but don't have a RISC PC.  If Castle take the=20
> similar approach you elaborate above then I will not be overjoyed. =20
> Until I hear more official information I will expect to pay my =A369=20
> only when 5.13 becomes available.

That is entirely your choice.

All that in effect is said so far is that there will be no more
significant updates available to those still on rom 5.11 or earlier.
Your choice.

And what is new in 5.12  ... primarily a much expanded coverage of
graphics cards from the nvidia module, + usb2 in rom which can help
boot time.

As for fixes, yes a few, but not startling, or major. Again Your choice.

And I have already explained why there was no formal announcement on
this list.. mea culpa. Though some kind soul resolved that issue fairly
quickly.

Basically a fair number of pr 'places' were notified in a mailshot.
Time and family birthday meant I did not go online to this group. CSAA
just happened to be (one of) the first that did anything with the pr
mailshot.

> Regards
>
> --=20
> Andrew Pinder