[iyonix-support] Re: Lazy Task Swapping on Iyonix/RISC OS 5.11

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:51:41 +0100
On 23 Jun 2006, Ste (PlusNet) wrote:
> On 23 Jun, Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Moreover, these pixels seemed to belong to Variation. It was the
>> filenames and EXIF data for the last 2 thumbnails in Variation. moreover,
>> these last two thumbnails have now been corrupted on-screen (not the real
>> ones on the hard drive). The last but one thumbnail now has a mostly cyan
>> band across the lower half of it, and the very last one is missing from
>> Variations' thumbnail display.
>>
>> So, that is twice I have had pixels from a thumbnail, and once pixels
>> from a font list. I tried Pauls trick of reading app memory in Zap: no
>> match in OvPro, an in-complete match in Variation.
>
> So here's the question: can you grab (with Zap) the Pinboard workspace into
> a file when you see the corruption, then grab the workspace whichever
> application you believe the corruption has come from and compare the offset
> into the former block of the start of the corruption to the offset in the
> latter block of the corresponding data.
>
> If they both seem to lie at the same offset into the two app slots, then
> you've got a real indication of an LTS problem.
>
> Steve

Sorry, I've been away on a narrow boat holiday.

But dont you have all the information to replicate the observed errant
behaviour yourself?

Namely repeated, interleaved use of OvPro and Variations will
guarantee a line of lixels (and an error from one or other app if you
continue) all by yourself?

I am just a messenger with no knowledge of the inner workings of
whatever it is that might be going wrong, it seems to me that you have
more relevant knowledge than do I on this subject?

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/

If your boss wants a power-point presentation, then give him a mains
plug.