[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix hanging (was Re: EtherK not starting up reliably)

  • From: Iyonix PC Owner <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:20:11 +0200

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Peter Bell wrote:

[...]
> Today my Iyonix has hung solid four times so far.  No response to
> keyboard or mouse, usually with the disk activity light on permanently.
> The front panel reset switch has no effect - I have to power down with
> the psu switch and restart from there.  I wonder whether there's a
> connection with my earlier etherk problems.

Peter,
I have had the same issue some weeks ago, when we had a hot weather
period over here. In my case the reason was a faulty PSU.

I had to buy a new PSU for my Iyonix (Panther) and all has been well
ever since. It's a 300watts one of the same brand and fits nicely
into the Panther.

Regards,
Rainer
--