[iyonix-support] Re: Connections for 4 IDE drives

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:27:13 +1200

In message <840c45ce4e.D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          David R Lane <D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems that all I needed to do was to reboot. All drives are
> now working (keep keys crossed, touch metal case or whatever you
> do in the computer world to wish for continued success). Even after
> a reset, all drives worked -- one past poster said that this didn't
> work for him.
Yes, it would be nice to have this 'learning' capability of the Iyonix
explained. I have noticed that it takes 2 boots to find the IDE device
on one occasion.

> Then main HD and the CDRW are the original ones fitted by Castle,
> the second HD is a Maxtor Diamond Plus 9 80GB ATA/133 and the
> DVDRW is a LITEON SOHW-1693S23C.
>
> Perhaps this will be useful in someone's database of combinations
> that work?
What can the DVDRW do? does it read DVD's with the standard CDROMFS, and
is it fully functional with CDburn or CDDVDburn?

> Thanks to Druck, Steven Pampling, John Williams and John B. for
> help.
>
> Cheers, Dave Lane

I think it should be mentioned that the Iyonix is very good with IDE
devices generally, and the list of ones that dont work would be small.
Thanks,  Ron